Looking for the Acceptable use policy? View it here
Railsimulator.com Limited (“We”, “Our”, “Us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Railsimulator.com Limited of 3rd Floor North, Fitted Rigging House, Anchor Wharf, The Historic Dockyard, Chatham, ME4 4TZ.
We may collect and process the following data about you
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Our Site, subscribing to our Service, posting material or requesting further Services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, or when you register to sign up for Dovetail’s online newsletter and when you report a problem with Our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through Our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to Our Site and the resources that you access, including leaderboard registrations and subscriptions to newsletters.
- Device information: We may collect information about the Device or any computer you may use to download or stream a copy of the App onto your Device, including, where available, the Device’s or computer’s unique Device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the Device’s telephone number, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
- Device Type: We may collect information about the Device you are using to access our site if done so using a mobile device. This information is limited to the device type only and is used solely to determine the most appropriate screen layout for the Device. This data is not retained in any way.
- Location information: We may collect information about your location solely for the purposes of setting localised content and monitoring website traffic and its origin for statistical purposes.
- Log information: when you view content on Our Site, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs including but not limited to internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps, but not internet protocol (IP) addresses.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
- Steam: when you access our site via your steam accounts we may automatically collect and store certain information relating to such accounts such as usernames and passwords and information accessed form such accounts to enable you to view such information from our Site e.g. details of DLCs purchased on Steam and what achievements a user has completed in-game. You can, at any time, hide such details from public view and choose to disconnect your steam account, by changing your settings.
The types of personal data may vary depending on the type of activity you are engaged in. The personal data we may collect, process and use may include, but are not limited to your name, screen/user name, gender, date of birth, phone number, Services or third party service ID, email address.
With respect to Apps we do not collect any personal or non-personal data i.e. data that does not directly identify you, whether this be email addresses, names, telephone numbers, MAC or UDIDs, location or log identifiers. Our products do not contain any analytics software.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers that are not available to the public. To prevent unauthorised on-line access to data, we maintain data behind a firewall-protected server. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use our reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you, and submitted via our site in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have actively consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service, when you actively choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties (details of which will be available on our Site) to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those, which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have actively consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please untick, as appropriate, the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers. but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience but without disclosing personal data to those advertisers.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Railsimulator.com Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We are committed to the safety and privacy of children who visit and participate in our Services.
- We encourage parents and/or guardians to play an active role in their children’s online experience at all times. We do not knowingly contact or collect information from children under 16 without the explicit permission of their parents/guardians. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly either obtain parental consent or remove the information.
- For those activities that may require us to collect personal information (e.g. competitions), we will only collect personal information, which is necessary to enable us to administer the relevant activity. If your child is under 16 we will only collect personal information and use such personal information where you have provided us with your explicit consent to collect such personal information and agreed to the type of usage, which consent may be provided to us by email or by post.
- In posting competition winners’ names on our Site it is our policy to indicate no more than a child’s first name, first initial of last name, county, age or year group. We encourage parents and guardians to watch over their children’s online use. Please educate your children to always ask for your permission before they provide personal information.
CHILDREN Remember to be smart and safe online. Always ask your parent or guardian for permission before you give out any personal information. This could include your name, email address, home address, telephone number, where you go to school or any other information about yourself that would enable someone to contact you either online or offline.
From time to time we run online competitions for you to enter. Always remember to ask your parent or guardian for permission before entering any competition on Our Site.
You can learn more information about your various rights under data protection law, including your right to withdraw consent here
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.