Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour – A true test of nerve and skill
4th May 2021
Immersive gameplay, higher volume of passengers, superior customization and realistic physics. It is the game for every train enthusiast.
Popular simulation video game – Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour will be releasing this summer with new routes that will make players fight to keep to time and is launching on Steam, PlayStation and Xbox platforms, including the new PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. It will allow you, as the driver of the train, to take control of packed trains and navigate the busy network, constantly get checked by signals to keep to time and avoid costly delays.
Rob O'Farrell, Chief Development Officer, of Dovetail Games, said: "Rush Hour marks an exciting new step for Train Sim World 2. We've always wanted to recreate the feel of driving a train in the hectic peak hours and this release brings that tense experience to players for the first time. I'm looking forward to seeing our passionate community rise to this challenge and new players joining as we launch on existing and next generation platforms.’’
Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour comes with a brand-new passenger system. As you drive from station-to-station on the three busy routes you will see a greater variety in passengers, and higher passenger volumes at peak times on platforms. All recreating the hustle and bustle of a rush hour.
Take on the busiest and fastest passenger rail line in the United States and explore the famed Northeast Corridor: Boston – Providence with Amtrak's ACS-64 ‘City Sprinter’ and MBTA's F40PH-3. Navigate the hectic Brighton Main Line: London Victoria – Brighton, with Southern's BR Class 377/4 and Gatwick Express BR Class 387 EMUs. Master Regional, Express, S-Bahn or Inter-City Express services on Bahnstrecke Riesa – Dresden with four locomotives to master, including the iconic DB BR 442 'Talent 2'. All authentically recreated and officially licensed.
Train Sim World 2 will be upgraded to Unreal Engine 4.26 along with new features focused on immersion and released on next generation for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. Playing on these new consoles gives the advantage of faster load times, higher frame rate and improved visuals resulting in a smooth gameplay experience. The Train Sim World 2 update and next generation versions will be released alongside Rush Hour.
Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour is coming this Summer with:
- New Rush Hour Passengers - Exclusive to the routes of Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour, this changes the way you play. As you approach rush hour and drive between stations you will see a higher volume of passengers and an increase in variety as commuters fill the platforms. Recreating the experience of rush hour.
- Northeast Corridor: Boston - Providence - Take on the busiest and fastest passenger rail line in the United States and explore the famed Northeast Corridor between the two state capitals of Boston and Providence. Experience inter-city and commuter operations aboard Amtrak's 'Cities Sprinter', the ACS-64, and the MBTA's distinctive F40PH-3 locomotives.
- Brighton Main Line: London Victoria - Brighton – A hectic commuter route operating out of London's historic terminus, Victoria Station built to serve Britain's premier southern main lines. Experience a mix of stopping and express services between Britain's capital, Gatwick Airport and the South Coast aboard Southern's BR Class 377/4 and Gatwick Express BR Class 387 EMUs.
- Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden - This route offers a wide array of services, whether Regional, Express, S-Bahn or Inter-City Express, this complex network out of Dresden's Central Station runs like clockwork. Transport passengers and freight on this route with Deutsche Bahn's BR 442, BR 143, BR 146.2 in DB livery and BR 185.5 in MRCE black livery.
- Immersive Gameplay - With Train Sim World 2 you're in the cab and in control of these feats of engineering. As part of a free update releasing alongside Rush Hour players will get an updated user experience with a new ‘head out’ camera view, upgrades to the immersion controller scheme, new driver information such as gradient profiles, added TrackIR support for PC and more.
- Player Customisation - All of the routes in Rush Hour are fully compatible with the customisation tools included in Train Sim World 2. The Livery Designer allows you to design liveries for Train Sim World 2 locomotives using shapes and layers to build your own style. The Scenario Planner gives you the ability to create your own scenario choosing the destinations and locomotives you want to use.
- Realistic Physics - Simulation in Train Sim World 2 is driven by the proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine. This handles power, braking, adhesion and more - allowing for a detailed recreation of real-world locomotives. Precision with station stops is critical in Rush Hour and SimuGraph gives a realistic experience.
- Dovetail Live - Link your Train Sim World 2 game profile with Dovetail Live to track service runs with the Driver Logbook, check your performance statistics and save in-game screenshots taken with the ‘Railfan Shots’ feature. You can then share and compare your progress with other players.
Find out more at www.trainsimworld.com
About Dovetail Games
Dovetail Games was launched in 2013. Previously trading as RailSimulator.com Ltd, the business launched in 2009 initially producing and marketing PC game Train Simulator. Today Dovetail Games is responsible for train and fishing simulation games and is developing for PC and leading consoles. http://www.dovetailgames.com.
Developed by Dovetail Games, SimuGraph Vehicle Dynamics Engine is a powerful visual modeling and simulation framework for the construction and real-time simulation of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems in the context of vehicle dynamics.
About Unreal Engine
Developed by Epic Games, the award-winning Unreal Engine is known for world-class graphics, tools and scalability across PC, console and mobile platforms. Unreal Engine technology is designed to accelerate developers’ productivity for creating high quality games, applications, training simulations, visualizations, digital films and animated entertainment. To access UE4, visit www.unrealengine.com
and follow @UnrealEngine.