Our people can be based “where they do their best work” from either our HQ or from their home ((UK based only / VISA sponsorship available). However occasional travel to HQ office will be required for key meetings and events.
Do you want to work in the Gaming Industry?
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
Our studio is situated in a river-front building in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Chatham, Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and 5 and Xbox One and Series S/X
We are looking for a strong leader with outstanding communication skills to join us as VP of Development. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer you will work with the Director of Product Development, Executive Producers, Art Director and Technical Director to deliver an overall committed studio business plan and work with the team to make sure the delivery of software is on time and to quality.
This role could suit someone who is a Studio Head or Director that is ready for their next step.
What We Look For In You
- Games industry experience is vital, shipping AAA titles
- Excellent understanding of the development process from inception to execution.
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Agile and Scrum experience
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work at board level and interact with company stakeholders including staff and shareholders
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity and providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) education background and game preferences.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- My Rewards benefits package including health cash plan, cycle to work, eyecare and tech.
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.