We are looking for a Technical Director to lead, support and mentor the Studio’s Lead and Senior Programmers, help overcome technical issues, drive and support best practices and efficiencies across our games, and set clear guidelines/expectations for the studio’s games and services.
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We are situated in a river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as well as Next Generation platforms, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X
What we look for in you
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- You are an expert in game systems programming with excellent C++ and UE4 knowledge
- Several years' experience in the video game industry as a Lead Engineer or Technical Director
- Advanced knowledge of engine, graphics, multiplayer, gameplay, and tool development
- Shipped multiple games as a Senior or Lead Programmer with relevant experience on current and previous generation consoles.
- Experience with modern commercial games engines
- A strong ability to communicate technical subjects to other disciplines.
- A proven track record in building, managing and growing engineering teams capable of delivering AAA experiences across platforms.
- Intimate knowledge of technical considerations in delivering live services.
- Experience balancing technical, team, product and business requirements with successful outcomes.
About Dovetail Games
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games.
- You will experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported.
- We have an industry leading work-life balance.
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- My Rewards benefits package including health cash plan, cycle to work, eyecare and tech.
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.