Role: Technical Designer
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for a Technical Designer to help develop and support content for our Train Simulator Development Team. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years experience working in the games industry with strong programming skills.
- Knowledge and experience in using scripting languages for the creation of gameplay and features
- Research, specify and implement rolling stock physics and functionality
- Understand, research, specify and implement signalling systems
- Assist with testing and bug-fixing where necessary
What we look for in you
- Ideally experienced with Lua scripting
- Must be self-motivated, a good communicator, and a great team player
- Must be a creative but practical problem solver
- A good eye for detail
- Involved in at least one shipped game
- Ideally a passion for trains, engineering and gaming
Why work for us?
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.