Role: Technical Designer
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We have just moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Able to research, specify and implement prototypical locomotive and rolling stock physics and functionality
- Able to research, specify and implement innovative rolling stock features and to identify where improvements can be made to existing content.
- Able to research, design and implement new and innovative functionality
- Work with team members create compelling content
- Create suitable documentation for internal and external audiences
- Assist with testing and bug-fixing where necessary
What we look for in you
- Knowledge and practical use of UE4 and UE4 Blueprints
- Previous knowledge of content creation or modding with train sims is beneficial.
- Strong engineering / scripting skills
- Experience of working in the games industry beneficial
- ‘A’ Level Maths or Physics qualification
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising