Role: Software Engineer - UI & Gameplay
Are you a creative coder? Do you have an eye for artistic flare? Do you have the drive to deliver tech that pushes boundaries? Do you like to be challenged? Do you have the desire to always learn, never be bored and regularly delivering cool stuff to a hungry audience? Would you like the opportunity to work with next generation platforms at the earliest opportunity?
We are looking for a Software Engineer focusing on UI & Gameplay, to work on the architectural design and implementation of the UI systems and the expansion of our game features. The successful candidate will be working across both single player and multiplayer gameplay and UI experiences on our UE4 simulations: Train Sim World and Fishing Sim World.
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
Situated in a brand-new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and publishing across multiple platforms.
- Assist with the architectural design and implementation of game GUI.
- Works with the UI and game designers to determine efficient graphic and code representations of GUI designs.
- Prototyping and implementing front-ends, in-game menus and HUD elements.
- Writes new code and maintains existing code in C++ & UE4 UMG to support user input, screen, inter-screen and GUI object behaviours, animations, and transitions.
- Assists with the creation and iteration of gameplay features and debugs game issues
What we look for in you
- At least 1 year experience in the games industry, preferably in a UI development role
- Good working knowledge of C++
- At least 1 shipped game title (any platform)
- Unreal Engine 4 is desired
- Experience of working with multiplayer games is a benefit but not required
- A good degree in computer science, mathematics or equivalent
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising