Our people can be based “where they do their best work” from either our HQ or from their home (UK based only). However occasional travel to HQ office will be required for key meetings and events.
Do you want to work in the Gaming Industry?
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
Our studio is situated in a river-front building in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Chatham, Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and 5 and Xbox One and Series S/X
We are looking for an experienced Lighting Artist to join our game creation process and work within the development team. You will work with the game Lead Engineers and Art Leads to craft high quality lighting for game environments.
What We Look For In You
- Be able to rise to the challenges and problem solve when required.
- Passion to raise the bar in video game lighting.
- Working knowledge of 2D packages such as Photoshop/Substance/Quixel.
- Knowledge of 3D packages such as 3DS Max or Maya.
- Knowledge of the Unreal Engine or similar
- Knowledge in a variety of baked and real time lighting methods
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity and providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) education background and game preferences.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- My Rewards benefits package including health cash plan, cycle to work, eyecare and tech
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.