Role: Junior Video Editor
Junior Video Editor required to join the Creative Services team at Dovetail Games on an initial two-month contract. Dovetail Games is all about creating digital hobbies and in our Creative Services team we communicate our franchises to the masses through the most powerful medium of creative. You will help create video content, using in game material for use on multiple channels, working with dynamic creative briefs and capturing the hard work that our developers put into our experiences. As a team across multiple game franchises, the variety means there will never be a dull day.
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We have just moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Editing the footage in Premiere Pro, keeping to the briefs provided.
- Selection of audio to maintain a set tone to pieces.
- Potential to create motion graphics within After Effects for start and end sequences in keeping with brand continuity.
- Render videos in different formats for different platforms requirements.
What we look for in you
- Experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut).
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.
- Being a keen gamer or having worked in the games industry is beneficial.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Pension scheme.
- Eye-care vouchers.
- Free parking.
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry.
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.