Role: Junior Vehicle Artist
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We have just moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
We are looking for a 3D Vehicle Artist to create high quality rolling stock for current and future game titles and their downloadable content. Reporting into the Lead Artist, you will be able to show a strong portfolio of high quality 3D artwork with a good understanding of asset creation for games.
- Create models in 3D Studio Max
- Create textures using Substance Painter and Adobe Photoshop
- Develop environment assets and real-world manufactured items
- Co-ordinate with the Lead Artist/Content Manager to create realistic task estimates and timescales
- Work with the other team members to ensure realistic simulations are created
- Able to develop to the standard consistent with Dovetail Games products
What we look for in you
- Demonstrable experience of creating 3D vehicles
- Strong 3D modelling and texture creation skills
- Expert with 3DS Max & Photoshop
- Proficiency in Substance Painter
- Experience with Quixel Suite would be a benefit but not required
- Ideally you will have experience with Unreal Engine 4
- A good eye for detail
- Ideally you will have an appreciation of trains, engineering, architecture and gaming
- Must be self-motivated, a good communicator, and a great team player
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.