Our people can be based “where they do their best work” from either our HQ or from their home (UK based only). However occasional travel to HQ office will be required for key meetings and events.
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We are situated in a river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as well as Next Generation platforms, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
We are looking for a Junior Project Coordinator to assist the localisation teams, reporting to the Head of Localisation. You will coordinate localisation projects from start to end, liaising with internal and external resources as well as other departments.
What We Look For In You
- Strong oral and written English skills
- A keen interest in games and how they are made
- Understanding of basic game localisation and quality assurance principles
- Multitasking and good time management
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to handle pressure and be efficient when working with tight deadlines
- Ability to tailor workflows according to release schedules
- Problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and a positive, can-do attitude that builds team spirit
Beneficial, but not essential requirements
- University degree in linguistic/translation studies
- Knowledge of CAT tools and Jira
- Familiarity with gaming platforms like Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, Epic Store and Microsoft Game Store
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite
- Translation and Localisation experience
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages: German, French, Spanish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian and Polish.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence, and talent, regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You will experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- My Rewards benefits package including health cash plan, cycle to work, eyecare and tech
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee, and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.