At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
To help achieve this vision, we are looking for a Junior Programmer, joining the team developing Train Sim World. This is a generalist role and you will primarily be coding in C++, working with the team to develop the game and its features in Unreal Engine 4.
We have just moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge Unreal 4 Engine technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Developing gameplay features through all stages of production
- Perform R&D to improve current systems
- Debug and fix issues raised
- Working both individually and as part of a team on various features
- Optimising and maintaining existing code base
- Implement engine and tool features within schedule and to an expected quality level
What we look for in you
- A good degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- Passion and aptitude for practical game and simulation system development
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- A passion to develop software engineering process and game production skills
- Excellent team work, but also a good self-motivator
- Proficiency in Maths / 3D Algebra is highly desirable
- A methodical approach to code analysis and debugging
Why work for us?
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- 31 days off per year (including bank holidays), increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics