Role: IT Director
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to perform the best work of their career and create breath-taking games that deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts”.
To help achieve these goals, we are looking for an ambitious Director of IT who will also be our Data Protection Officer. You will ensure our critical internal and external systems provide an extremely high level of availability along with delivering the key performance and functionality we need in a rapidly changing business environment. This is a key strategic role, which requires liaison with many 3rd party suppliers as well as our senior management.
Dovetail Games is growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge Unreal 4 Engine technology and delivery these on multiple platforms: PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Because we both a user and a developer of software, the role has exciting and rewarding challenges not found in many environments – key elements of the software are literally changing on a day-to-day basis and the needs of the development, publishing and support teams are also rapidly evolving.
- Responsible for the entire IT infrastructure of the business
- Undertake all duties required of a Data Protection Officer under GDPR
- Maintain catalogues of all company systems and work with stakeholders to ensure they remain fit for purpose with suitable continuity plans for system disruption
- Understand key security threats and work to mitigate these
- Need to be able to identify, budget, prioritise, implement and maintain IT projects
- Ensure systems have scope for growth in line with company plans
- Drive compliance and standardisation in IT where appropriate
- Communicate, evangelise and promote Information Security at all levels
- Budget for and manage IT support costs
- Manage a small team of IT staff
- Provide an extremely high level of availability for the business’s key systems – 24×7 in some cases
- Able to negotiate with and manage third party IT suppliers
What we look for in you
- A leader able to work with a range of IT stakeholders with widely differing IT experience
- Thorough understanding of the practical implementation of GDPR, ideally at Data Protection Officer level
- Strong experience in evaluating systems solutions contributing to business productivity and efficiency
- Extensive knowledge of networking, data security and systems
- Experience in a video games or software development company would be beneficial
Why work for us?
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- 31 days off per year (including bank holidays), increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics