Role: Head of Retail
We are looking for a Head of Retail to fully manage our digital releases and sales. You will work closely with the Business Directors to deliver digital and boxed releases in conjunction with our developers, distributors and platform holders to maximise revenue and help to deliver company targets.
This is an excitingly fast paced role where the successful candidate will have great levels of ownership as well as managing the Retail Team.
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We have just moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Operational management of all retail releases across digital and physical space
- Delivering retail promotions across multiple franchises and formats
- Co-ordinate weekly 1st and 3rd party retail offers to ensure timely release
- Communicate blocking issues early and clearly to ensure release schedules are not impacted
- Line management of the Retail team
- Manage major release and store relationships with key platform holders such as Xbox, Sony and Valve
- Implement promotional tactics and maximise marketing opportunities within physical and retail channels for our core games and DLC
- Be knowledgeable and hands-on with our production process and release catalogue
- Report regularly on performance of business alongside the Franchise Directors.
- Own and manage the Dovetail Digital Store
- Analyse the online marketplace for trends and regularly advise Business Directors
- Subject Matter Expert – become the “go to” internal consultant for all retail points of contact and business
- Work with internal partners in Publishing, Development, Creative Services, Brand, Localisation and Community teams so they are constantly aware of any issues
What we look for in you
- At least 1 year experience dealing with Valve/Steam and submitting and releasing titles on this platform
- At least 1 year experience dealing with digital marketplaces on console with strong experience of submitting and releasing titles on these platforms
- Release management experience
- A quick learner – able to understand new policies and new technologies quickly and adapt accordingly
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- Video game sales and development understanding
- Ability to analyse data and report with recommendations
- Understanding of business pressures within a commercial sales department
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to changing scenarios whilst maintaining clear sight of the goal
- Willingness to adapt and work to global time zones where required on a partnership level
- A passion for video games and the franchise subject matter, with ideally a knowledge of simulation games and the genre
- Strong project management skills
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits