Role: German Localisation Specialist
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for a German Localisation Specialist to join a team assisting with translation and quality control of localised game assets and other material, ensuring our passionate fans across the world get the best experience possible.
Responsibilities of German Localisation Specialist:
- Translating between English and German, responding to local support, marketing and other department requests/enquiries
- Coordination of resources in MemoQ and Excel for the project setup on MemoQ
- Provide feedback on the localisation schedule
- Check localised files for consistency in style and terminology
- Glossary creation and maintenance
- Create and update reference documentation for an internal knowledge base
- Create internal training material in localisation and CAT tool use (MemoQ)
- Reviewing localised content
- Reviewing linguistic related bugs, flaws and issues into the database in English, providing solutions to any issues using bug tracking system (Jira).
What we look for in you
- Bilingual in German and English
- Localisation experience, ideally within video games
- Strong experience using CAT tools and MS Excel, experience using MemoQ is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
Why work for us?
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- 31 days off per year (including bank holidays), increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics