Our people can be based “where they do their best work” from either our HQ or from their home (UK based only). However occasional travel to HQ office will be required for key meetings and events.
Do you want to work in the Gaming Industry?
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
Our studio is situated in a river-front building in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Chatham, Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and 5 and Xbox One and Series S/X.
We are looking to recruit a Game Designer to work on our Train Sim World titles. You will work closely alongside the Design and Production teams to help develop and support game content and report to the Senior Designer. The ideal candidate will have experience working in the games industry with good technical abilities, knowledge of the UE4 editor and excellent attention to detail.
What We Look For In You
- A passion for trains and enthusiasm for simulation games
- Spreadsheet / Excel Skills are Essential
- Knowledge and practical use of Unreal Engine 4 and UE4 Blueprints is desirable
- Experience of working in the games industry in a design position is beneficial
- Must be a creative but practical problem solver
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and organised
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- My Rewards benefits package including health cash plan, cycle to work, eyecare and tech
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.