Role: Full Stack Developer
Team: Dovetail Live
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join the team developing “Dovetail Live” – the central location/hub for our players and hobbyists, providing access to exclusive social functionality, offers, and in-game rewards.
You will be joining a small team using bleeding edge technology where you will will envision, design and deliver high quality software using an agile, behavioural and test-driven development process. At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We have just moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Work with the Technical Product Owner and Engineering Team to ensure the implementation of the Dovetail Live programme vision
- Champion the development of both the Dovetail Live frontend applications and backend API services
- Work closely with game development teams in providing in-game online functionality
- Understand business needs and interpret programme vision to be able to advise on “best fit” solutions that work for all parties
What we look for in you
- Experience with
- Agile development, using JIRA or an equivalent
- Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Test Driven or Behaviour Driven Development
- High-performance service-oriented architecture
- Modern ES6 JS
- JS ORMs ( Sequelize, TypeORM, etc )
- MVC / MVVM JS frameworks ( React, Angular, Ember, Vue )
- Flux based state management ( Redux, MobX )
- Experience working with a similar remit in a parallel industry
- A demonstrable history of building successful single page applications
- Experience working with internal stakeholders across multi-disciplinary organisation
- The ability to design and communicate on complex systems
- Strong organisational skills
Why work for us?
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social, sporting, and charity fundraising events