Team: Dovetail Live
We are looking for a Front-End Developer to envision, design and deliver high quality software using an agile, behavioural and test-driven development process. Reporting into the Technical Product Owner of Dovetail Live, you will join the team developing the central location for hobbyists, providing access to exclusive social functionality, offers, and in-game rewards.
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We have just moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Work with the Technical Product Owner and DevOps Engineer to ensure the implementation of the Dovetail Live programme vision
- Champion the development of our Isomorphic React & Redux application using ES7
- Work closely with game development teams in providing in-game online functionality
- Understand business needs and interpret programme vision to be able to advise on “best fit” solutions that work for all parties
What we look for in you
- Experience working with a similar remit in a parallel industry
- A demonstrable history of building successful single page applications
- Experience working with internal stakeholders across multi-disciplinary organisation structures
- The ability to design and communicate on complex systems
- Experience with the following:
- Agile development, using JIRA or an equivalent
- Modern ES6 JS
- Build tools ( Webpack, Gradle and npm )
- MVC / MVVM JS frameworks ( React, Angular, Ember, Vue )
- Flux based state management ( Redux, MobX )
- Continuous Integration / Delivery ( Jenkins, GitLab CI, Travis )
- Test Driven or Behaviour Driven Development ( Jest, Mocha, Enzyme )
Why work for us?
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance, 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics