Role: French Speaking QA Tester
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for a French Speaking Quality Assurance Tester to join our newly built team at our office in Stirling. Reporting into the QA Manager, you will play our games, look for linguistic and functional bugs, feedback accurate QA findings to our internal development studios and update our bug database to maintain an accurate record.
- Test software to the defined standard across all current Dovetail gaming platforms following methodical quality assurance processes and test scripts
- Look for linguistic (French) and functionality bugs in our software
- Document test results using standard industry software providing professional, clear, accurate and complete bug descriptions
- Provide feedback to avoid repeated mistakes, contributing to the refinement and improvement of testing procedures and test plans
- Work with development teams to rectify errors, providing game-play and game-balance feedback
- Work with other team members to coordinate test coverage and avoid duplicated effort, assisting on the training of new team members when required
What we look for in you
- Fluent in French and English
- Minimum Maths, English & ICT Standard grade, GCSE or equivalent
- Understanding the role of quality assurance and principles of software/game testing.
- Keen gamer with the ability to familiarise with game-play elements rapidly
- Strong organisational and time keeping skills
- Good problem solving/analytical skills, strong attention to detail
- Knowledge or prior experience of bug reporting software/systems is beneficial
Why work for us?
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- 31 days off per year (including bank holidays), increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics