Role: French Localisation Specialist
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
To help achieve this vision, we are looking for a French Localisation Specialist to join a team assisting with translation and quality control of localised game assets and other material, ensuring our passionate fans across the world get the best experience possible.
Dovetail Games is growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge Unreal 4 Engine technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Translating between English and French across all our game releases and marketing content
- Coordination of resources in MemoQ and Excel for the project setup on MemoQ
- Provide feedback on the localisation schedule
- Check localised files for consistency in style and terminology
- Glossary creation and maintenance
- Create and update reference documentation for an internal knowledge base
- Create internal training material in localisation and CAT tool use (MemoQ)
- Localisation testing, reviewing localised content
- Working occasionally on local support, marketing and other department requests/enquiries
- Entering any linguistic related bugs, flaws and issues into the database in English, providing solutions to any issues using bug tracking system (Jira).
What we look for in you
- Bilingual in French and English
- Localisation experience, ideally within video games
- Strong experience using CAT tools and MS Excel, experience using MemoQ is beneficial
- A keen interest in games and how they are made
- A strong self-starter who wants to represent the quality of our games in French
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
- Shopping Discount Scheme
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.