Come build games with us! We are looking for someone with a passion for games, performance, efficiency, and UE4! At Dovetail, we’re committed to building enthusiast-driven games based around:
- Large open-world online multiplayer environments
- Exciting gameplay, relying on skill, physics, exploration, and competition
- Accurate mechanical and natural simulations, built on our own simulation engine
- Cutting edge photo-realistic rendering and lighting techniques
- The latest UE4 releases and features
During this critical time between current and next-gen platforms, we are striving to improve performance, develop and optimise engine extensions, and adopt the latest UE4 features.
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you!
We pride ourselves on providing great opportunities for career and leadership development. We minimise crunch, and we're based at a brand-new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. This position will be considered fully UK based remote.
What we look for in you
- Professional experience with UE4 and C++
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of game engine architecture
- Strong software engineering skills, with an ability to program clearly, efficiently, and evolve your style and practices where required
- A good understanding of relevant areas of mathematics (discrete, linear algebra, etc)
- Experience with profiling, analysis and optimisation
- Degree in Game Development, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or similar
- Very good knowledge of one or more of: multiplayer/networking, graphics, physics, animation, or audio
- Familiarity with the architecture and constraints of current-gen hardware, and an appreciation of the opportunities and constraints of the next
- A working knowledge of version control systems
About Dovetail Games
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- My Rewards benefits package including health cash plan, cycle to work, eyecare and tech
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.