Role: Chinese Speaking QA Tester
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
To help achieve this vision, we are looking to recruit a Chinese Speaking QA Tester to ensure Chinese game content and marketing is suitable for release, to enable us to launch and become established in the Chinese games market. The successful candidate will be fluent in Chinese (Mandarin) as well as English.
Dovetail Games is growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge Unreal 4 Engine technology and delivery these on multiple platforms: PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Test software to the defined standard across all current Dovetail gaming platforms following methodical quality assurance processes and test scripts
- Look for linguistic (Chinese) and functionality bugs in our software
- Document test results using standard industry software providing professional, clear, accurate and complete bug descriptions
- Provide feedback to avoid repeated mistakes, contributing to the refinement and improvement of testing procedures and test plans
- Work with development teams to rectify errors, providing game-play and game-balance feedback
- Work with other team members to coordinate test coverage and avoid duplicated effort, assisting on the training of new team members when required
- Assist with some marketing and publishing Chinese localisation requirements as needed
What we look for in you
- Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin) and English
- Understanding the role of quality assurance and principles of software/game testing.
- Keen gamer with the ability to familiarise with game-play elements rapidly
- Strong organisational and time keeping skills
- Good problem solving/analytical skills, strong attention to detail
- Knowledge or prior experience of bug reporting software/systems is beneficial
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
- Shopping Discount Scheme
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.