Our people can be based “where they do their best work” from either our HQ or from their home (UK based only / VISA sponsorship available). However occasional travel to HQ office will be required for key meetings and events.
Our studio is situated in a river-front building in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Chatham, Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and 5 and Xbox One and Series S/X
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We are looking for a Character Artist to join the Fishing Teams. You will work with the team to create high quality game characters (human and animal) for our current and future simulations and their downloadable content. You should be able to show a strong portfolio of quality 2D and 3D character artwork with a good understanding of asset creation for games.
What We Look For In You
- An understanding and ability to rig and articulate a character, taking into account how topology can influence deformation
- Mesh building with great care taken to reproduce source material / concept but which are light on resources and performance
- Able to create textures and materials in Substance/Quixel and Adobe Photoshop
- Previous experience with ZBrush is beneficial
- Previous experience with Substance or Quixel is beneficial
- An open attitude to critical feedback and understanding and application of the required art direction
- Good time management skills and ability to organise your current workload
- Work with the other team members to ensure realistic simulations are created
- Must be self-motivated, a good communicator and have a positive attitude
- A great knowledge of and passion for games and an excellent understanding of what makes them work
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- My Rewards benefits package including health cash plan, cycle to work, eyecare and tech.
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.