Our people can be based “where they do their best work” from either our HQ or from their home (UK based only). However occasional travel to HQ office will be required for key meetings and events.
Do you want to work in the Gaming Industry?
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
Our studio is situated in a river-front building in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Chatham, Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and 5 and Xbox One and Series S/X
Dovetail Games are looking for a talented and dedicated Character Animator to work in a focused and dedicated team to work across our Fishing and Train franchises.
What We Look For In You
- Proven technical animation experience in video games
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and its pipelines.
- Experience in Maya, MotionBuilder.
- Experience in rigging and skinning assets.
- Understanding of current and future technical animation techniques
- Knowledge of animating character expressions.
- Able to animate Actors/cameras in Unreal sequencer.
- Capable of demonstrating keyframe animation, retargeting and MOCAP-based animation.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity and providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) education background and game preferences.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- My Rewards benefits package including health cash plan, cycle to work, eyecare and tech
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.