Role: Assistant Technical Designer
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We have just moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Technical Designer to work on our Train Simulation titles. You will work as part of the Track and Signaling team to help develop and support content on both titles.
- Research, marking up and placements of trackwork using our inhouse tools and UE4 editor
- Use reference tools and documentation to ensure authentically accurate rail routes
- Critically review track laying and signalling functionality at each stage of development
- Working as part of a team to resolve design and gameplay issues as they emerge during development
- Create suitable documentation for internal and external audiences
- Assist with testing and bug-fixing where necessary
What we look for in you
- Self-motivated enthusiasm for the subject matter of trains and railways is essential
- Knowledge and practical use of Unreal Engine 4 and UE4 Blueprints is desirable
- Experience of working in the games industry in a design position is beneficial
- Must be a creative but practical problem solver
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and organised
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.