Role: Assistant Technical Designer
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking to recruit an Assistant Technical Designer to work on our Train Simulation titles. You will work closely alongside the Design and Production teams to help develop and support game content. The ideal candidate will have experience working in the games industry with good technical abilities, knowledge of the UE4 editor and excellent attention to detail.
- Assist in the research, planning and design of Train Sim World products.
- Use reference tools and documentation to ensure authentically accurate rail experiences.
- Assist in the creation, testing and maintenance of gameplay routes and trains being produced.
- Critically review designs and tool functionality at each stage of development to continually improve processes.
- Work as part of a team to resolve design and gameplay issues as they emerge during development.
- Create suitable documentation for internal and external audiences.
- Assist with testing and bug-fixing where necessary.
What we look for in you
- Self-motivated enthusiasm for the subject matter of trains and railways is essential
- Knowledge and practical use of Unreal Engine 4 and UE4 Blueprints is desirable
- Experience of working in the games industry in a design position is beneficial
- Must be a creative but practical problem solver
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and organised
Why work for us?
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.