We are looking for an Assistant Technical Designer to join the team creating and implementing gameplay scenarios for Train Sim World. You will work closely alongside the Design and Production teams to help deliver and support content using Unreal Engine 4.
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge Unreal Engine 4 technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Assist in the creation, integration and testing of Gameplay for different Locos and Rolling Stock on Routes in Production.
- Use reference tools and documentation to ensure authentically accurate rail experiences
- Assist in the creation, integration and testing of Scenarios and Tutorials for different Locos and Rolling Stock on Routes in Production.
- Critically review designs and tools functionality at each stage of development to improve processes
- Working as part of a team to resolve design and gameplay issues as they emerge during development
- Create suitable documentation for internal and external audiences
- Assist with testing and bug-fixing where necessary
What we look for in you
- Self-motivated willingness to engage in the subject matter of Trains and Railways is essential
- Knowledge and practical use of UE4 and UE4 Blueprints is desirable
- Experience of working in the games industry in a Design position is beneficial
- Must be a creative but practical problem solver
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and organised
Why work for us?
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits