Our people can be based “where they do their best work” from either our HQ or from their home. However occasional travel to HQ office will be required for key meetings and events.
Our studio is situated in a river-front building in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Chatham, Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and 5 and Xbox One and Series S/X
Do you want to work in the Gaming Industry?
We are looking for a Assistant Financial Accountant on a 6-month fixed term contract. Working as part of the finance team of a successful, growing computer games developer this is an opportunity to contribute to financial accounting, reporting, and finance operations as part of an established, high performing finance team. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical grounding, the ability to quickly grasp the processes within the business, and keen to take responsibility for discrete workstreams within the finance team. As part of this role there are opportunities to be involved in project work related to IFRS conversion, M&A, and financing.
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
What We Look For In You
- ACA/ACCA qualified accountant with knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- At least one to two years’ experience, post qualification.
- Proven experience of assisting with internal and / or external auditors.
- Excellent analytical skills to review data effectively.
- Strong numeric/analytical and Excel spreadsheet skills
- Drive to solve problems and continuously improve processes.
- Flexible attitude to meet business needs.
- Highly organised, diligent, able to prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines whilst working accurately with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a range of audiences
- Knowledge of Xero, our accounting software is beneficial.
- Experience of managing VAT, Grants, and tax matters is beneficial though not essential.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity and providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) education background and game preferences.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games.
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported.
- We have an industry leading work-life balance.
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.