Role: Artist - World Builder (Level 1)
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
To help achieve this vision, we are looking for an artist to join us as a World Builder, creating stunning locations within the Unreal engine.
You will use maps, reference photos and other research material to help build realistic real world locations, and will be part of the internal art teams to ensure our content is delivered on time and to a high standard of quality.
Dovetail Games is growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge Unreal 4 Engine technology and delivery these on multiple platforms: PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Creating believable and authentic worlds using Unreal Engine 4.
- Work with reference material to help recreate real world locations.
- Define and maintain the right modelling and texture scale consistency across the world.
- Use assets economically and creatively to get the best out of visuals and performance.
- Co-ordinate with other team members to deliver a complete package to the player.
- Collaborate with other areas of the team to achieve high visual standards.
What we look for in you
- Experience of Unreal Engine 4
- A passion to deliver quality environments
- An understanding of material and asset blueprints.
Why work for us?
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- 31 days off per year (including bank holidays), increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics