Team: UE4 Game Teams
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using state of the art technology across PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
We are looking to recruit an Animator with a strong emphasis on technical ability, to work on our UE4 Simulations: Train Sim World and Fishing Sim World.
Working within the character team you’ll be integral to realising the designers’ gameplay aspirations, populate our worlds with believable characters, human and animal, shaping the simulations to satisfy our high quality requirements. You will have 2+ years’ experience of working as an animator in the video game industry, work well within a tight-knit team, have excellent knowledge of the technical side of animation as well as the skills to bring our characters to life.
- Produce animations as needed by interpreting the intention of the Production/ Design team as well as art leads.
- Ability to work with designers, programmers and other departments to realise gameplay to a high quality.
- Apply animation principles to create high-quality character and vehicle animations while optimizing them to meet technical constraints.
- Be able to quickly prototype animation systems such as working with state machines and blend spaces that will serve as a basis for animation- and gameplay-related discussions.
- Character Rigging and Skinning capabilities.
- Estimate the time required to carry out own tasks and manage time to meet deadlines.
- Be confident to own an animation set and able to input creative solutions to gameplay problems.
- Ownership of the animation pipeline
- Manage and maintain animation libraries.
- Develop and evolve pipelines for efficiently, getting animation from 3D tools such as Maya into UE4 engine technologies and continuously improve character rigs and pipelines to reduce time from concept to game ready assets.
What we look for in you
- Two or more years experience working in the games industry as a character animator.
- Understanding of Rigging and Animation transfer pipelines.
- Advanced knowledge of Maya.
- Must exhibit strong traditional animation skills and be able to demonstrate that knowledge.
- Knowledge and practical use of UE4, UE4 Blueprints, State machines and Blendspaces is desirable.
- Your creative passion will shine through but you’ll also be a practical problem solver.
- You will be resourceful, self-motivated and organised.
Why work for us?
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- 31 days off per year (including bank holidays), increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics