Role: Assistant Translation Project Coordinator
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We have just moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Translation Project Coordinator to join a team assisting with translation and quality control of localised game assets and other material, ensuring our passionate fans across the world get the best experience possible.
- Coordinate projects and resources throughout all the localisation cycle phases using memoQ
- Analyse documents and assure compliance with the company’s guidelines, as well as identifying potential issues.
- Proofreading and QA-check localised files in any language to ensure consistency in style and terminology
- Monitor and control projects status by updating all relevant trackers
- Negotiate deadlines and rates with existing and new suppliers
- Manage project timelines and ensure on time deliveries
- Manage project budgeting
- Manage existing and new Glossaries and Translation Memories
- Keep reference documentation for an internal knowledge base up to date
- Occasionally work on local support, marketing and other department requests/enquiries
What we look for in you
- A keen interest in games and how they are made
- Understanding of basic translation and localisation principles
- Multitasking and good time management
- Strong oral and written English skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to handle pressure and be efficient when working with tight deadlines
- Ability to tailor workflows according to release schedules
- Problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and a positive can-do attitude that builds team spirit
Beneficial, but not essential requirements
- University degree in linguistic/translation studies
- Good knowledge of CAT tools and memoQ in particular
- Good knowledge of the MS Office suite
- Translation and Localisation experience
- Fluency in either German or French
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising