Role: C++ Programmer (mid level)
We are looking for an experienced C++ Programmer to join the team developing Fishing Sim World. You will design, develop, document, test and maintain gameplay systems and game features to enable us to create awesome player experiences on Fishing Sim World.
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We have just moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Driving systems and gameplay features through all stages of production
- Able to implement engine and tools features within schedule and to an expected quality level
- Provide insight to anticipate technical/workflow issues and provide solutions
- Optimising and maintaining the existing code base
- A demonstrable willingness to develop software engineering process and game production skills
- Ensuring the gameplay experience is consistent across multiple formats
What we look for in you
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Excellent, proven software engineering track record on gameplay features
- Robust software engineering and software architecture principles and practice
- Passion and aptitude for practical game and simulation system development
- Experience of interfacing with graphics, physics, animation, audio, and online systems
- Profiling, analysis and optimisation skills
- Games industry experience of game design & implementation
- Experience developing across PC and Console would be very beneficial
- Unreal Engine 4 experience is beneficial
Why work for us?
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits