Role: 3D Generalist
We are looking for a 3D Generalist Artist to build realistic, high-end assets and world class 3D environments allowing us to create awesome player experiences on Fishing Sim World. You will help set the visual bar for the game, mentor more junior artists, work in a passionate and talented team and grow as an artist.
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We have just moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Collaborate with the Lead Artist to help set the visual bar for our worlds
- Create ultra-realistic, high end quality assets
- Define and maintain the right modelling and texture scale consistency across the models
- Assist the Lead Artist with the definition and iteration of art pipelines, workflows and performance budget limitations
- Build realistic environments for our players to explore and enjoy
- Assist external partners building our simulation content
- Mentor and train other 3d artists in the use of key software packages and best practices
What we look for in you
- Great communicator and team player
- Expert with 3D Studio Max, Maya, Substance and Photoshop
- Experience of Unreal Engine 4 & UE4 Material creation desired
- Strong portfolio of realistic environments and hard surface models
- Ability to create art assets to a high standard
- Good understanding of CG techniques and technologies
- Shipped at least one PC or next-gen console title
- Good working knowledge of Z-Brush is beneficial but not essential
- A passion to deliver quality simulation software
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits